Just a few reasons why I love Las Vegas…
- It’s an adult’s playground – like Disneyland for grown-ups!
- It has everything you could ever want to indulge in…pampering, shopping, eating out, gambling, drinking, dancing, shows (my personal recommendation would be Penn & Teller at the Rio), tourist attractions and thrill seeking
- It is a mecca for bright colours, neon lights, glitter and feathers
- The Killers (one of my favourite bands) come from there
- All major hotels have a pool
- The weather is likely to be warm and sunny for most of the year
- You can let your mood decide whether you want to visit Venice (Venetian), Egypt (Luxor), France (Paris) New York (NYNY), Medieval Castle (Excalibur) and so on, on any given day
- There are free attractions everywhere, such as the Bellagio fountains and the Mirage volcano eruption
- You can be in a Jacuzzi bath in your hotel room and have a rollercoaster, complete with screams from passengers, flying past your window every 5 minutes 24 hours a day! (my personal experience of the NYNY!)
- You can get married in weird and wacky ways (such as by an Elvis impersonators, in a diner or in a drive through!) although my personal favourite would be to go to the Chapel of the Flowers for something a little more relaxed and intimate.
- You can always find a deal on food somewhere (and my personal favourites were the Cheesecake Factory, Cold Stone Creamery and the America at the NYNY hotel)
- You can find plenty to do at any time of the day or night
- Celebs are always hanging out there so you’re likely to see someone if you look hard enough
- The Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam are only a few hours drive away
- It is drivable from L.A
- It is currently home to one of my favourite (guilty pleasure) celebs Holly Madison who is starring in Peepshow
- There is never a dull moment 😉
Posted on August 24, 2011, in Travel and tagged Bellagio, Chapel of the Flowers, Cheesecake Factory, Cold Stone Creamery, Disneyland, Elvis, Excalibur, Grand Canyon, Hollywood, Hoover Dam, Las Vegas, Mirage, NYNY, Paris LV, Peepshow, Penn & Teller, The Killers, Venetian LV. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.